Considered by many as the most beautiful pickup of the 1930′s this Art Deco charmer was both a superb 1/2 ton hauler and piece of automotive sculpture. The company that made this artistic hauler was founded in 1900 as producer of engine parts for other makes. It first started producing vehicles in 1915. One of its founding brothers wanted to produce their own car because he was “Tired of being carried around in Henry Ford’s vest pocket” The founding brothers always wanted to be a more upscale choice to the Ford Model T.
The founding brothers dislike of Henry Ford would be driving force till there deaths in 1920. By 1920 this car company would rank as second in sales behind arch rival Ford. Upon the brothers passing the company would be thrust into the hands of the widows. By 1928 they had dropped to 7th place in sales and then were sold to another automotive giant. As the Great Depression put a choke on the country this company was able to stay afloat because of its quality mid priced prodcucts and deep pockets of its now corporate parent. 1934 the entire lineup would get a total re-style called “Wind Stream” look. This swoopy look would help them reach 4th place that year. Even with its semi low price it still offered features that neither Chevy of Ford did not have. Full pressure lubrication and hydraulic brakes were just a few. Known for its robust drivetrain and classic looks these trucks have become a favorite of Street Rodders for decades. Very few original examples still survive. What Auto Is This??